After deciding to use STP MP3 Player (a small, resource-friendly MP3 player that resides in the system tray) instead of iTunes or WMP or WinAmp, I found my Logitech MediaPlay mouse’s SetPoint software was not properly controlling the new software choice. I decided to take action.
1. in STP’s Settings->Advanced… window, under General in the top left, select, “Emulate WinAmp,” at the bottom of the list.
2. where you installed SetPoint, find, “players.ini,” and add the following to the bottom of the Players:
a. http://digitalelement.byethost22.com/stp/download.html – STP 10603 Final, or the 4.5a unofficial update if you’re curious.
b. http://www.mstarmetro.net/~rlowens/uberOptions/ – uberOptions for SetPoint; adds the ability to change any button on your Logitech trackball/mouse/keyboard (not required for this, just a useful option).
c. ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/setpoint315_v450.exe – logitech setpoint 3.15
d. http://www.google.com/ – without Google, i would have been lost. thanks, Google.